Hi,
This has reference to the news in the Goan press that 40 girls in Goa were
'molested' by intending police men.

The Girls have all my sympathy because such an experience could be a
shattering one and would mar the psych of the concerned individuals.

But, as a person who has led both boys and girls on several jamborees,
tours, etc., and brought them back SAFELY, kindly permit me to ask a few
questions.

1. When the teachers and tour operator saw that there was an unruly mob of
men, and the police only provided one constable, wasn't it prudent for them
to detrain at Jaipur itself and await the next train.
2. The loss of tickets, if at all the Railway Authorities were so unfeeling
and callous (Experience tells me they are generally not),
is only a matter of money. Particularly since these were girls and students,
SAFETY was PARAMOUNT!
3. In conclusion one can only point fingers firstly at the tour operator who
accompanied them and was stupid enough to allow them to proceed, when under
threat. (The consequences might have been serious but luckily the hoodlums
didn't go to extremes). Secondly at the accompanying teachers. What were
these guys doing? Couldn't they use their authority to veto that
dangerous trip?

--
Tony de Sa
Ph: IN +91 <javascript:void(0);>  8322470148  Call <javascript:void(0);>