                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

Goanet mourns the passing of Jorge de Abreu Noronha in Portugal - Nov 27/07

                     http://tinyurl.com/2dk2bl

                     http://tinyurl.com/29kpdx

Adeus!  Mogal Jorge-babak…..

Mr. Jorge de Abreu Noronha is gone, but he will never be forgotten. His
cherished memory will always remain fresh in our minds and hearts.

Indeed!  I am saddened by the news of Mr. Jorge de Abreu Norohna’s passing away
on 27th November, 2007, in Portugal.  His writings on the Goanet, always drew
my attention and I would never miss an opportunity to read his postings, which
were very informative and educative, devoid of any malice or controversies.
His in-depth knowledge on matters related to Goa’s history, culture, heritage,
language and way of life of Goans, was so vast that I used to admire him
deeply.  Although away from his motherland, his profuse love for Goa and Goans,
was immense.

In his passing away Goa has lost an illustrious son and we, on this forum, have
lost an Educationist par excellence.  His knowledge was like a fountain from
where, anyone could draw countless inspirations and fall in love with our
motherland and mother tongue.

At this moment of grief, all that we can do is pray for the repose of his soul
in his heavenly abode, and pray God gives his beloved wife Mrs. Livia, children
and other family members, enough courage and strength to bear this irreparable
loss.

May the soul, of our dear friend, mentor and guide, JorgeBab, rest in peace.

"Sorgichem raj tumkam favo zaumchem".

Yours in sorrow,

Rabindra Pimenta
Kuwait/Curtorim.