--- Mario Goveia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Finally, I don't think there are any guarantees in
> this child rearing business.

---------------------------------

Dear Mario,

I couldn't agree with you more about there being no
guarantees in this child-rearing business.

On this point, a couple of posters wrote to me
privately to share viewpoints about raising children
with and without religion. Both parties made eloquent
points, especially on the subject of being influenced
by religion. It would have made for interesting
discussions on Goanet but I can understand their
reticence in wanting to share their views publicly.

My observation of children is ofcourse minimal (I
actually don't like kids other than my own, ha ha) but
I do think they are predisposed one way or another.
Which could be the reason why dysfunctional parents
still manage to raise outstanding human beings and
vice versa.

In an interesting footnote to the heinous crimes
committed by Mr & Mrs West (you may remember them,
they made headlines some 8 years ago), they had still
managed to raise good children, none of them showing
any tendency to the types of crimes their parents
committed.

What can we say? It's all a matter of faith er fate

selma

with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.