GIVE PEACE A CHANCE,
                         GIVE PEACE A  DANCE

  It is the wedding of movement to music. It spans culture from soaring ballet
leaps to the simple swaying at a school prom. It is dance, a means of
recreation, of communication
   – perhaps the oldest, yet the most incompletely preserved, of the arts. Its
origins are lost in prehistoric times, but, from the study of the most
primitive peoples, it is known that men and women have always danced.

  There are many kinds of dance. It can be a popular craze, like break dancing,
or ballets that feature superstar performers such as Mikhail Baryshnikov and
Suzanne Farrell. It can be folk dances that have been handed down through
generations, such as the square dance, or ethnic dances that are primarily
associated with a particular country.

  As a dancer I aim to idealize abstractly the emotions induced by the music,
this has been my motivating force. Gravity is the source of the dynamic
instability of movement; the arc between balance and imbalance of the moving
human body, fall and recovery, representing one's conflicts with the
surrounding world.

  On the 22nd of December, 2007, at the beautifully restored Ana Fonte Gardens,
Margao, I am proposing a dance performance with a troupe of 50 dancers
comprising of both kids and adults.

  The underscore of this hour program will be "Give Peace a Chance, Give Peace
a Dance", aiming to promote the awareness of global issues such as Global
Warming and the need for Peace and Understanding in the World today.

  With a focus on Peace, we would like to elucidate the levels of tension,
angst, destruction, proverty and heartache caused by Warring Nations in the
World.
  Consequently, we will promote the establishment of Peace in these nations and
an end to violent solutions to world problems.

  Through this dance performance of eight sequences ranging from Ballet and
Contemporary to Break Cance and Rock 'n Roll, we aim to both entertain, and
endorse our message to "Give Peace a Chance, Give Peace a Dance". The stage and
gardens will be set with color and light as we envelope our audience in a
frenzy of dance, music, color and enlightenment for the evening.

  We would greatly appreciate your contribution to this event by way of your
sponsorship.

  We thank you in anticipation for your support towards this endeavour and your
patronage to this noble cause.
  Contact: Mr. Raj Naik
  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  1ST KONKANI MUSIC STATION ONLINE NON-STOP AT YOUR DESKTOP
  http://www.goa-world.com/goa/music/
  “Line Your Life In Such A Way That Your Little Corner Of The World
  Will Be Brighter Because You Are There!”