           * * *  2007  ANNUAL  GOANETTERS MEET - GOA  * * *
WHERE: Foodland Cafe - Miramar Residency - Miramar, Goa

WHEN: December 27, 2007 @ 4:30pm

More info:

http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2007-December/066098.html

Hi Gilbert
  The hard-hitting anti-casteists on Goanet like Mario, Victor, Santosh,
Mervyn, George and myself, among others, have made it clear I believe, that, we
want to eradicate Catholic Goan caste racism as quickly as possible and are
more than happy to take a proven confrontational approach, against racism, to
this task. We are clear that caste racism is morally wrong and thoroughly
obnoxious for supposedly Catholic Goans. In contrast, I want to suggest that
either you do not understand what we are saying or are trying a measure of
subterfuge to obfuscate the matter. Where is your integrity man? Shamefully,
you have never attacked caste racism, but instead, acted as a blocker to the
effort being invested by pretty busy people. By aligning with those
pussyfooting over the issue and clutching at straws, you offer vague
generalisations that will only keep caste going on and on. I therefore have to
ask, what on earth you find so difficult to understand about the urgent need to
 eradicate the beast called caste among Catholic Goans and instead, have a
preference to domesticate it for even longer? I challenge you to answer this
question specifically, let alone, for now, my other questions that you have
simply failed to answer to date. Are the questions from the anti-casteists so
utterly taxing for you? And, is castelessness too difficult a concept for you
to understand?
  Cornel
Gilbert Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One empowers the 'lower' caste by highlighting their achievements. On Goanet, I
read India's first Cardinal was a NON-Bamon. More recently I read a similar
reference to Jack Sequeira. Why this duplicity? Why do the members of this
caste not claim them; and proudly educate us about the success of their other
members ... just like Selma has done. We can leave out the dating scene.

Spread the Christmas Cheer, even when you're not here!
Send classic greetings to your loved ones in Goa.
EXPRESSIONS - 2007 Christmas Hamper
Visit http://www.goa-world.com/expressions/xmas/
Or e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]