                             GARCA BRANCA
                        VACATION ACCOMMODATION
                         LOUTULIM, SOUTH GOA.
 For R&R; modern/clean amenities; serene, healthy and wholesome location

Recently, Sage-India sent me a review copy of their book 'Alternative
Schooling in India'. Needless to say, it's a book I enjoyed immensely.
Self-description: "This book brings into focus the innovative methods
of learning in many Indian schools. It sheds light on schools that
make the learning process fun for the teacher as well as the taught,
in contrast to the whirl of examination-oriented learning in
mainstream schools."

In a separate section, that offers a diretory of alternative schools
in India, I came across quite a few institutions. In Andhra, Bihar,
Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, even Ladakh, Maharashtra, Delhi, Orissa,
Pondicherry, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, UP and West Bengal.

Somehow Goa just doesn't figure. Would anyone know how the
institutions here that offer "alternative" education rate nationally
and beyond? Thanks for your inputs. FN
--
Frederick Noronha http://fn.goa-india.org Ph +91-832-2409490
Links from Goa: http://goalinks.livejournal.com/