                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

 Convenor of Goa Bachao Abhiyan (GBA) Dr Oscar Rebello has been nominated
  for CNN-IBN's Indian of the Year Award 2007 in public service category

Vote for him at:

    http://www.cnnibnindianoftheyear.com/publicservice_voting_new.php

To Goanet -

The answer: an emphatic Yes.

Why?
Answer: To save Goa.  Goa has no protections right now
and the excuse "Goa is part of India" is used by all to
come in and park themselves here at will.

What do you mean by autonomy?
Answer: Goa will be part of India but as an autonomous
region with complete control over its internal policies
including immigration.  Our external policy and security
will be handled by India.

Can you provide more details on "autonomy"?
No.  Many heads and hands need to get together and
thresh out the details.  At this stage, it is important
that the idea takes root in the Goan mind.

Aren't you fantasizing?
Answer: Yes.  And I hope to get the remaining 10 lakhs
Goans to fantasize the same thing.

How may we go about it?
Answer: First of all we need a complete overhaul of the
current political landscape.  Neither of the two main
national parties - Congress or BJP - or their limpets
in the save Goa campaigns will deliver.  We need a
regional party.

Regards,

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.