Dear Joao,

Well done is what I can say on behalf of the afiliated organisations that I
represent, The Goa Environmental Action Group and the Goa Su-Raj Party.

I had the opportunity to talk to some of the agitators of Colomba at
Caritas after the Science and Technology programme on mining.

I had also spoken at the meet and what I had said is exactly what we have
put down in the party's permanent manifesto, the 'Road Map for Goa'. I shall
quote the relevant 'note' in Chapter XIV related to Pollution in general.

Note [page 66]
Of late, we have been fortunate to see the 'satelite picture' of Goa's
landscape. And, needless to say, as Goan citizens who care for Goa's
environmental-ecological balance, we have been shell-shocked at what we have
seen. Goa's  mining belts have devastated Goa's landscape beyond
recognition. It is little wonder that the people of these areas are up in
arms against  the mining-politician lobby. It is very clear that the
departmental authorities in charge, have been conniving with  the
mining-politician lobby in their greed to stay in office, to inflict this
irreversible damage to Goa's balanced eco-system. This party has always
taken the stand that the mineral resources of Goa is the wealth of the
people of Goa and not of a few mine owners and local and central
politicians. If this wealth will not be shared with the people, even to the
extent of making their lives free from scourges of the mining industry such
as chronic dust pollution, depletion of ground water resources and pollution
and silting of water bodies, sensitive rivers and agricultural fields and
destroying Goa's beautiful God-given landscape, the resources must rest
where they are, unexploited.

It is the resolve of this party to fight this evil, tooth and nail, to
inflict very severe pain and humiliation on the enemies of Goa, who are,
most of them without doubt, very much short-sighted Goans. It is only for
this reason that this party does not have a single ex-politician in its
ranks but only true, loving and caring citizens of Goa.

Unquote

And for your kind information  this party has refrained from accepting any
ex-politician in its ranks so far and shall endeavour to remain that way as
long as it remains alive believing that socio-conscious people of Goa, like
the people of Colomba etc. are the next-generation politicians who will
actually save Goa and not the rascals who  show  that they want to save Goa
through naming of their vile organisations in that name.

Floriano
goasuraj