Scarlett's mother intends to bury her near Bideford in North Devon

 Police investigating the murder of Scarlett Keeling in Goa have asked
for the case to be transferred to India's top federal detective
agency.

 A senior police officer told BBC News the Central Bureau of
Investigation had been asked to take over to prove the Goa police had
nothing to hide.

 Scarlett's mother, Fiona MacKeown, has criticised police handling of the case.

 A third post-mortem on the teenager's body, which was flown back to
the UK on Monday, is due to take place in Devon.

Kishan Kumar, the senior Goa Police officer leading the investigation
into Scarlett's murder, told BBC News it was almost complete.

                                                Our investigation is on the
right track and we have nothing to hide

Kishan Kumar, Goa Police

 He said: "To keep the Goa Police clear and say that we have nothing
to hide, we have recommended that the Central Bureau of Investigation
[CBI] take over the probe.

 "I had admitted to initial lapses in investigation, and we have
suspended one policeman already. But now our investigation is on the
right track and we have nothing to hide."

 A spokesman for the CBI said it had not yet received a request from
Goa's state government.

 Devon and Cornwall Police have said they are not opening a criminal
investigation into Scarlett's death.

 The post-mortem examination is being held on behalf of the coroner to
establish the cause of death.

 Fiona MacKeown has said she wants to bury Scarlett on her land near
Bideford, North Devon.

 She has also said she wants to arrange more forensic tests as she is
unhappy with the Indian investigation.

 Murder probe

Ms MacKeown has alleged that links between police officials,
politicians and the drugs mafia are hampering the probe into her
daughter's death.

 Scarlett had been staying at the resort with a friend while the rest
of her family travelled further afield.

 Initially, police said she had accidentally drowned but later opened
a murder investigation under pressure from Ms MacKeown.

 Two men have been arrested over the death of the 15-year-old, whose
body was found semi-naked on Anjuna beach on 19 February.

Samson D'Souza, 28, has been charged with rape and Placido Carvalho is
being questioned on suspicion of involvement in her rape and murder.

 Police allege Mr Carvalho intentionally supplied ecstasy and possibly
other drugs to Scarlett before she was raped.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7325902.stm

--
DEV BOREM KORUM.

Gabe Menezes.