Yes, many times laws may not be ethical - then, perhaps people should initiate a public debate and work to get the offending laws changed. For example the GBA has strongly protested an amendment proposed to the TCP Act in today's Herald.

Incidentally, the first post in response to mine is an excellent example of how statements are taken selectively out of context to give a meaning not intended. In my many years I have noticed that this is the hallmark of many so called "professionals".

BTW THE LETTER UNDER REFERENCE APPEARED IN TODAY'S HERALD IN TRUNCATED FORM. EITHER ITS AUTHOR OR THE EDITORS OF HERALD FOLLOW STUFF ON GOANET AND ACT writes Philip Thomas.

I think the author of the above conjecture either over estimates the influence of his profound thoughts or suffers from an over inflated ego. Under the circumstances, I do not think the man merits any further response since he cannot stick to issues but resorts to getting personal.

Diana Pinto