To Goanet -

Awhile back I had mentioned signs of suspicious
activity on the hillock leading to the Chapel
of the Mount Mary in Old Goa.  This week
I was in the area and decided to investigate.
I requested the secretary and a panch of the
Old Goa panchayat to accompany me on the
initial survey and then later in the evening
I came back with my camera.  Something's
amiss in what is classified as an agricultural
area, as you will sense in the following
photographs.

We begin at the road leading to the Chapel.
On the right hand side are signs of a freshly
prepared dirt road leading into the forest/
agricultural area -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/oldgoa-1.jpg

This dirt road veers to the right where you find
evidence of tree cutting.  Does this look like an
area primed for agricultural activity?

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/oldgoa-2.jpg

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/oldgoa-3.jpg

Further up, we come across a clearing, most likely
achieved by depleting the existing forest cover.
Notice the Chapel of the Mount Mary in the picture
so that you have a reference point for the area
we are talking about -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/oldgoa-4.jpg

In the same clearing, looking towards the horizon -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/oldgoa-5.jpg

Now you'll see why this is such a prized property.
Peering over the horizon, the Carambolim Lake
comes into view.  Unfortunately, Madkaikar-bab
has intruded on part of the frame with his concrete
pile (the same one you saw in Part 2/3 of this
series) -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/oldgoa-6.jpg

I procured the relevant documents from the
Old Goa panchayat through the RTI Act.  This
"agricultural area" belongs to Shri Terreno Oiteral
Real Estate Pvt Ltd.  The panchayat has issued
a no-objection certificate for "sub Div of land
for Agricultural purpose and Amalgamation..."
The plans reveal the entire area as parceled into
6 plots, 5 of them 4000 sq metres each and one
of 7340 sq metres.

Download the documents as a zipped file
from -

http://www.parrikar.org/images/samples/oldgoa-docs.zip

The name of the lady who has signed on
behalf of Terreno Oiteral Real Estate Pvt Ltd
is seen on scan 05.

What exactly is going on here?  I suspect a
conversion sanad is being prepared even as
I type this.

Goa seems like a lost cause.

Warm regards,