Hi, Cornel, sorry if i sounded a bit mumbo-jumbo-esque in my last post on
Catholic brahmin.
The Indian sub-continent is home to as many as four religions: Hinduism (
Dharm ), Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism. Besides it is home to many millions
of Muslims and Christians.
Hinduism is the original religion and all others are converts ( willing or
otherwise )  to religions of their choice  and caste is the backbone of
Hinduism.
As far as I know, no person has ever claimed to be a Buddhist brahmin, Jain
brahmin,  Sikh brahmin or a Muslim brahmin.
Only in Goa we have Catholic brahmin and that calls for further delving
into their antecedents.

Antonio