*Tisreo Sukhem*

Here is a fovourite dish which I can never resist.

When we use to go in the fields where we use to go say the rosary &
Litany in front of a big white cross in the month of May.

They would serve it in small containers which were made from jackfruit tree
leaves. We also had a bottle of feni and maad going around with a common
khaals (short glass = 1 peg measure).
The masala was so spicy that it would make you sweat.

I hope you wil like the recipe I found on the net and enjoy it. By the way
this recipe was also made by our hindu neighbours and it use to be
excellent. Saiba Bhoghos  reminds me of uraak now.

*Tisreo Sukhem*

*Ingredients :*

50 clams (1/2 shell)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp Goan sambhar powder
1 cup onions chopped
2 slit green chillies
1 tsp jaggery
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup coconut
30 gm tamarind pulp

 *Preparation :*

In a pan add the clams, 1/2 cup of water and the turmeric powder.

Add the chopped onions and the slit green chillies.

Simmer on a low flame till the clam meat starts leaving the shell.

Add the chilly powder, jaggery, coconut, sambhar powder and garam masala
powder.

Finally add tamarind pulp and salt to taste.

Cook till most of the water evaporates.

*edu

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

edu