Chris Perry, Lorna -- And the Goan song lives on forever!

  I read a post stating that the Chris/Lorna magic has faded...naturally...age
catches up with the best in the industry...but the music, magic and the Goan
song Chris and Lorna created will last forever.

  I had the disctinct pleasure to host Lorna sometime back in Dubai...Lorna was
a far shadow of her past, but she still holds the crowds to her command.

  Back stage, she preferred to be left alone, was quiet and a bit nervous
before her performance. Before getting on the stage, she whispered a
prayer...held my hands tightly as I ushered her to the stage...the highlight
was the meeting of Usha Uthup and Lorna, where both the divas felicitated each
other....they met almost after 20 years or so and talked of the times and music
with Chris.

  Unfortunately, the Lorna we see today is not like in the past. Time has
caught up...we are lucky to have Lorna in our midst today. But we need to
respect the music of the past...Chris and Lorna gave Goan music a new
twist...Lisboa and Sorga Rajeant are still played by Goans the world over and
the Goan music stores will vouch for the music of Chris and Lorna is still
sought after, even though it is entering its second generation.

  Also to mention, the Chris Perry founded Dubai Music School is doing yomen
service to the younger generation in Dubai and is ably run by Glenn Perry.

  It is also unfortunate that the Goa Government has till date not
significantly honoured neither Chris nor Lorna...despite several non-koankanni
musicians won laurels from the hands of the Goa government.

  Kind regards
  Cedric da Costa\
  Dubai