Comment:

Somehow my original post on the treatment meted out to Mother Teresa by the BJP
has got distorted along the way. It is a fact that the nation acknowledged her
and her contribution. She was awarded the highest civilian honour, the Bharat
Ratna as rightly pointed out by Sandeep heble as well as Dr U G Barad and
several others and was also given a state funeral. The point that I had made
was that the BJP and LK Advani consciously stayed away from paying their last
respects just because she happened to be a christian.

Another instance of the cussedness of the BJP was in the year 2000 which was
the 2000 anniversary of the birth of Jesus Christ. This was celeberated all
over the world but was totally ignored by the NDA government. At the same time,
the govt spent over Rs 500 crores commemorating the tricentenery of Guru Nanak
and also the 250th anniversary of Bhagwan Mahavira. Such is their mindset and
antagonism towards christians and christianity.

Marshall Mendonza