                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****
                      5th Annual Konkan Fruit Fest
               Promenade, D B Bandodkar Road, Panaji, Goa

                            16-18, May 2008

 http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2008-May/073789.html

Could it be a rabies case?  Please help!

After the Konkan Fruit Fest visit, we decided to visit the nearby Campal Art
Park.

There were many dogs as usual, but suddenly a  puppy bitten my friend’s leg
(just below the knee) , its teeth were sharp enough  to cause  cuts with oozing
blood. Two teeth marks/cuts were also visible

I took no chance and rode straight to the hospital.

Where she was given first dose of RABIPUR plus TT  1 amp each
Cost Rs.400 +200 hospital charges.

Plus further 4 doses  each around Rs.500 on 3rd, 7th, 14th & 28th day.

Why I thought the puppy might be carrying rabies?

1. It was a stray dog
2. My friend did not harm the dog, it suddenly came from nowhere.
3. It was running ferociously after every one both man and dogs to bite.
4. When it own mother tires to pat, the puppy would attack its mother too.
5. Looks strange, weak and sick

 It’s a gown up puppy about 4/5 months old

I am just worried as Campal park nowadays is frequently visited by families
with kids etc

There are many tourists too. During the weekend it is always crowded.

 Could it be a case of rabies?

In the mean time..
Those visiting Campal garden, please avoid visiting the Art Park Area
Look out for a puppy (a lone puppy with its young and short mother, see pic
below ), stay away from them.

This morning we went there to trace the puppy – we took some pics and video

Could this be a rabies dog?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joegoauk5/2499350168/sizes/l/

a video to follow soon

Dogs, dogs, dogs --- dogs are everywhere

Be it Campal, Miramar, Colva etc etc

There are many stray dogs in the Campal garden and park area.  There would be
at least 20 resident dogs. There are about 3 bitches too.

This October (after August mating month), there could be upto  60 new puppies
delivered (including from  5  would be new mothers)  this also mean dogs
population explosion in the dogs’ territory of Campal garden/park.

I am copying this to Panjim CCP commissioner, should you wish please forward
this to other concerned authorities including the press.

Thank you

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

for Goa & NRI related info...