                      **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                  The Rape of Goa - A photo documentary
                                   by
                            Rajan P. Parrikar

       Venue: Menezes Braganza Art Gallery, Panjim, May 21-24, 2008

                http://www.parrikar.org/misc/doc-notice.pdf

           It is a pity that there are some people who live far away from Goa,
evidently havent done much except ramble and at the same try their best to
discourage others who are putting in an effort to do something for Goa. Such an
attitude is detrimental amd equally bad or worse than the 'migrants',
'outsiders' and what have you. As Bob Dylan says
"Your old road is rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'

    I wish that the writer would do a background check on the facts. When he
says that "if they manage to get power again...they will show their true
hide...". Its about time people stopped using such cynical and twisted logic to
justify their dislike for some issues. It is obvious that he is referring to
the BJP rule and though I have no love for them,  please find out about the
land sold and converted (a simply way is check the stamp duty earned by the
Govt) during the BJP rule and the subsequent Congress Govts. The figures will
shock you.
       There are only two things - Right is right and wrong and wrong is wrong.
Doesnt matter if the BJP, RSS Congress or even the Pope does it.

Regards,
John Pereira

cedric da costa dubai Wrote

Watch "The Rape of Goa" video and cry ... then come on
the
      streets to STOP it before the rains

Wonderfully exposed...nobody could have said it
better...(Miguel Braganza)

all those who are shouting 'rape'with camera's in hand
today...remind me of the wolf story...they were wolves
themselves when they wre in power...and if they manage
to get power again...they will show their true hide...