                      **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                  The Rape of Goa - A photo documentary
                                   by
                            Rajan P. Parrikar

       Venue: Menezes Braganza Art Gallery, Panjim, May 21-24, 2008

                http://www.parrikar.org/misc/doc-notice.pdf

A calmer approach to Residential Land
 Management

Nobody could have agreed more with Selma than Goans
themselves...

we need to raise our voices against the government for
not making enough provisions in terms of basic
infrastructure like electricity, roads, water and
garbage disposal.

Land will be a constant factor...the population on it
grows...its a global trend...India and china and the
BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) countries are
facing the same problem.

What we see in Goa was expected, specially since we
had the heads of government sleeping over and only
persuing a single point agenda to fill in thier
pockets...

the congress took us for a ride so did the BJp...these
parties did nothing worthwhile but looted the
exchaquer and had a good time entertaining the
Delhiwallas who came...enjoyed and went home with huge
suitcases...probably of the choicest mangoes...we all
know what i mean...

Today the land grab in Goa is supported by the CM
itself, and his total indulgence of the pillars that
hold on his palace...he knows deep inside that he is
the biggest fraud, that his croonies are the biggest
corrupt Alibabas...but if he even dares to pull one
crook the delicate balance that holds his corrupt
kingdom will come shattering down...

We loose, Goans who voted such corrupt fools loose...i
think Goans will have to target their MLA's and
ministers and also the CM and the parties to provide
them the basics...development is good for Goa, but
sustained development is the agenda.

Instead of gram sabhas opposing development, theyh
must support the villages in the mining belt...where
there is rampant destruction and the state is abeting
the large scale pollution of Goa...our next generation
will curse us..as there wont be any forest cover.

Today china and korea are importing a very low graded
ore from India and Goa is the major contributor...and
the mine owners in Goa who make and break CMs are
grabbing the opportunity at the cost of Goa's
tomorrow.

If today we are wary of outsiders in Goa, then I guess
all the states in India will start harrasing Goans
settled outside...even some of our top ministers have
bought land and properties outside Goa and specially
in international markets...

Today the fight must be to control the major influx of
migrants as happening in the CMs very backyard at
monti dongor...we cannot afford to crowd our cities
and villages with migrants...Goa has no place to hold
the growth of the migrants who -- thanks to the
political affiliations grow financially faster than
the average Goan...every election the migrant is
richer by a motor bike, television and a lot of money,
whereas a poor innocent Goan struggles to buy these
luxuries...

A migrant will get water and electric connections with
one visit to the minister, while when a goan goes for
a connection to the electricity dept of the pwd he has
to grease the palms of the engineer to get the
connection...such is the state of affairs in Goa...

It is no point shouting RAPE and photographing the
hill cutting...it is time to march to the
mines...mobilise the few Goans left to come out on the
streets to save their land...it is time to march to
the residences of the ministers and MLAs involved...it
is time to choose new candidates and vote out the
existing crooks who have taken us for  a ride over and
over...specially those like Digamber who constantly
change parties and fool the electorate...

I hope we see the change soon...more than a  change it
is a revolution like Floriano at Goasuraj
believes...it is a gradual evolution...but we have to
fasten the pace...cause in time Goans will be
outnumbered and then we may not be able to influece
the seize of Goa...

Take for example...Margao...it is in a state of
confusion...the roads are bad, there are traffice
jams, and no planning whatsoever has been
undertaken...there have been a few cosmetic changes
but thats not all...
there is a major danger posed by migrants pilferating
into the city from all sides and these enjoy a major
political patronage...it wasnt like this a few years
ago...the situation will worsen in another few
years...so whats the cause...we need to chase that
cause and deal with it in time...

and whats happening to margao is happening to all the
major cities in Goa and now the villages are under
threat...

kind regards
Cedric da costa
UAE