                      **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                  The Rape of Goa - A photo documentary
                                   by
                            Rajan P. Parrikar

       Venue: Menezes Braganza Art Gallery, Panjim, May 21-24, 2008

                http://www.parrikar.org/misc/doc-notice.pdf

Selma wrote:
I was merely drawing a parallel between growing religious intolerance,
supersition, belief in miracles, self-appointed custodians of cultural values
and morality, dismissal of scientific fact in lieu of irrational concepts, and
the atmosphere that persisted during the Inquisition.Charismatic movements are
taking Catholic Goans in this direction.

Comment:
I am appalled at the comparison Selma makes of the Charismatic movement with
the HJS. Can she cite any examples or instances where the charismatic movement
has incited hatred or violence  or intolerance against other communities? From
what I know of the charismatic movement is that they follow the bible very
closely and have strong faith in the Holy Spirit.  However, never have I heard
a single word nor statement from the Charismatic movement inciting hatred or
violence or curbing the freedom of anyone. We may not all agree with what they
believe or follow but to brand them as extremist organisations like the HJS is
not only unfair but also unacceptable. It can create a wrong impression in the
minds of those who do not know the movement and cause illwill which I am sure
is not Selma's intention.

Regards

Marshall Mendonza