                      **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                  The Rape of Goa - A photo documentary
                                   by
                            Rajan P. Parrikar

       Venue: Menezes Braganza Art Gallery, Panjim, May 21-24, 2008

                http://www.parrikar.org/misc/doc-notice.pdf

I saw the documentary. Hats off to Rajan.

All construction in Goa needs to stop. Goa is already
finished.

As to legality/illegality which Digamber is shouting
about. On what basis are these lands converted from
agricultural land to settlement land other than on
the basis of cuts? Arent there laws to protect
the environment?
Obviously you construct thousands flats in a field,
this
has direct affect on
a) all resources
b) environment.

Is this legal to indiscrimnately do this? This has
been happening right from the early nineties.

We need to fight to reverse all this. If needed, let
Govt. give compensation to affected parties.

regards,
Samir