MSG TO GOANS - Someone is looking at handsome, beautiful, good goans....so stay
tuned....BE SMART looking............oh..........but how to stay fit, Dad, my
son asked :-

1. Is there place to walk on beach?
2. Is there good sleep with mosquitoes  singing all night long?
3. Is someone guiding me or preparing or bringing......pau/bhaji, Pezz, Fish,
Cocount Water, Moira Bananas, green salad at home?  My baile have taught me to
eat bhelpuri, pizza, kfc, pepsi, foreign chocolates, french fries, chips, and
drink more glasses of COP, smoke imported brands...
4. Is there any well water where some excercise and good water available? we
are happy with the water flowing from the rusted pipe lines...
5. Is there good breeze when multistorey buildings blocking it and hill cutting
only causing grave enviornment and health dangers.......
6. Is there any field rice available? I can see only basmati rice
so much for now.... u pls add up all others.....
Rgds
Mario A

PANAJI: Goan adults are far more overweight than other Indians and this is
causing a serious concern among health professionals. And when it comes to
being obese, Goan women outdo the men. The percentage of women who are
overweight or obese is 27, much higher than the all India figure of 14.8%. The
men are not far behind though, with 20.8% of Goan men being obese or
overweight, again higher than the all India percentage of 12.1. This has been
revealed by the Health Intelligence Bureau report, 2007, of the Directorate of
Health Services. The year of reference for the data is 2005-06 and it reveals
the nutritional status of adults (age 15 to 49). "Obesity is a growing disease
among Goans. It is a silent killer," said Dr Digambar Naik from Vrundavan
Hospital, Mapusa. Naik added that 60% of the patients above the age of 40 who
come to the hospital are obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of more than 30.
"Abdominal obesity is a problem in Goa and about one-third of the adult popul
 ation is obese," said Dr Rufino Monteiro from Vintage Hospital, Panaji.
Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!