Mario Miranda Festival, July 24-26,  2008 Old GMC Building, Panjim.  June 24,
4.30 pm Children's Day (with Bookworm). June 25, 5 pm Mario's medium analyzed.
Short films on Mario. Featuring the first public appearance in Goa by Amruta
Patil, graphic novelist and Goa Art College graduate.  Her recent graphic
novel, 'Kari' (Harper Collins) earned wide acclaim. July 26, original play by
the Mustard Seeds Arts Company (5pm)

* * *

2008 Goan International
convention currently on at Mississauga University of
Toronto (UTM), July 23-27, 2008.
http://2008goanconvention.com/index.php

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, Miguel Braganza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Dr.Santosh,
>
> Well, if a debate on the infamous Inquisition can generate
> some humour ... and an invite from Bosco to the Goan
> Convention .... then all is not lost.
>
> What was that about "spurious distraction" with
> family jewels?

Dear Hr. Miguel,

As I am sure you know, I am only trying to understand the relationship between
all the disparate strands of wisdom that Gilbert is imparting to us through the
several threads he has weaved into the fabric of Goanet, in response to your
post under this thread. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think Gilbert is
trying to tell us why the inquisition was nothing but dispensation of justice
against robbers, burglars, adulterers, polygamists, polyandrists and
polygynists. All of these criminals received the appropriate grade of
punishment that they deserved depending on how far they had strayed from the
righteous path - the thoroughfare of rectitude that had been single-handedly
paved by his own religion. There is also a hint that today's divorcees who
remarry deserve to be sentenced under the statutes of the inquisition for the
crime of serial monogamy. Such a fate might also be appropriate for Hollywood
personalities.

Cheers,

Santosh
                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****