                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                    Tri Continental Film Festival 2008
                           July 25 - 30, 2008
                               Goa, India

              http://www.moviesgoa.org/page/tri_continental/
            http://www.moviesgoa.org/tricon/schedule_2008.pdf

George Pinto wrote:
> Ultimately the success of a convention is judged in time with the legacy
> which endures through
> serious initiatives and collaborations. In that respect, a good start in
> Toronto, potentially building
> on Lisbon last year.  Romance may have befallen some too.

Folks,
The last sentence reminds me of how small the world has become. In E. Africa,
it was the hockey tournaments and anniversary celebrations of the
Institutes that made it possible for Goan youth from different towns to meet.
Many a marriage resulted from those meets. It now seems that the E. African
experience is being replicated on a global scale.

George Pinto does not mention it but another salient part of the convention was
that after listening to Dean D'Cruz's presentation on the destruction of Goa
and what Dean is trying to do to stop it, Goa Sudharop literally passed
George's hat around the hall and was able, in five minutes, to raise over $500.
The money was given to Dean D'Cruz to help his future efforts in stopping the
destruction.

My biggest surprise was returning home one day to find this video. A few of the
Mando Mogi group from Goa were staying at my place. It took me some time to
figure out who was dancing. Here is a snip from the video. Press the arrow at
the bottom of the picture and keep your sound on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/2716003784/
Mervyn3.0

favourite sites. Download it now at
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.