This refers to Arwin Misquita's article on ancestral homes.  I absolutely agree
that Goan's identity can be maintained by being able to keep and retain our
ancestral homes.  Always not easy, specially with Portuguese type villas but,
where there is a will there is a way and when I was confronted by this
difficult problem, I rented out one home to be able to maintain & thereby
retain my property.  Nobody can take what has been handed down to me for
generations for as long as I live. This may not be very easy, but even if one
has to sell, there are plenty of Goan buyers too.

Bernice Pereira
Mumbai

      Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/win/