Dear Goenkars,

Goa seems to be keen on heading from one disaster to another. As if
real estate, mining and drugs were not bad enough, it now wants to
rush where other states refused to budge ...Genetically Modified food
crops.

QUOTE
>Permission to conduct Multilocation Research Trial (MLRT) on Bt. Brinjal
>hybrids >Bt GO 112, Bt Udupi Gulla, GO 112 and Udupi Gulla containing
> cry 1Ac gene at ELA Farm, Department of Agriculture, Govt of Goa during
> Summer- monsoon 2008 instead of at KVK Goa. UNQUOTE

The Directorate of Agriculture, Goa, needs to answer a few questions first.
I cannot imagine my former parent department adopting BT brinjal for trials.
The entire department does not have a Plant Breeder or Plant Pathologist to
carry out such a trial.

The text of the report in a local newspaper in Goa today [16 Aug.
2008] is copied below. Also visit:

www.csa-india.org; www.indiagminfo.org

Mog asundi.

Miguel