God never makes a mistake...

Once upon a time a nobleman went hunting and took an assistant along. The
nobleman did not believe in the kindness of Goa, while the assistant never
ceased repeating that God never lets anyone down and never makes a mistake.
During the hunt the nobleman was attacked by a wild animal. The assistant
shot the animal, but not before it had taken off a finger of the nobleman,
who got annoyed with his assistantÂ’s praises of God. He got him jailed on
returning home.

The nobleman went again on a hunting mission and was caught by a wild tribe
that decided to sacrifice him to their gods. But when they laid the man on
the sacrificial block they noticed he did not have one finger and as as such
was unsuitable for a perfect sacrifice. They let him go.

The nobleman returned home and the first thing he did was to get his
assistant out of the prison. He told him what had happened and asked: If
your God is always good and makes no mistake, why did he allow me to put you
in jail? He replied: Had you not done it, I would have been with you hunting
and since I have all fingers, the tribals would not have spared me!