Here is the chronology
1) VHP leader was given a threat.
2) He filed an FIR, cops did nothing.
3) He was killed.
4) 700 people were coming back from his funeral and they burnt a nun alive.
Again, where were the cops?

I dont know which party the Orissa govt. belongs to, but some very elementary
steps would have stopped not just killing of nun, but also
of the VHP leader.

Do we need such a police force in India?
What ails the cops ? Are they uneducated? Completely politicized or both?

They want to shrug off all their duties.

Other day, someone in Goa banged our car from hehind. After calling the
cops, they turned up in half an hour. Their first stance was --- you
compromise among yourself, and dont involve us.

The guy who banged our car agreed to compromise and said he will repair
our car the next day. Obviously, we couldnt just take him on his word.
So, we asked the cop --- will you be witness to this guy's word in case
he goes back on his word?

Cop said --- "amkam kidem lagta tem" (how does it matter us? It is between
you and him.) These cops dont deserve that wardi (uniform).

regards,
Samir