Selma wrote:
I take it they weren't particularly effective at Loyola's, in teaching any
language.
Agnelo Fernandes wrote:
I post this article as I am hurt with your statement and I am sure a lot
of other Loyolites must be feeling the same. I am, what I am today, is because
of Loyola and I am proud of being a Loyolite, so once again I request you,
Selma, please don’t go around ridiculing our Educational Institutions and let
them do what they do best and respect them even if you have not been a part of
these institutions and please note that you have no right to ridicule an
Institution as good as Loyola and you have also insulted all of us who have
been a part of Loyola one time or the other.
Comment:
Agnelo, this time I think you caught the bull by the horns. I do not believe
that Selma was casting any aspersions on the quality of education imparted at
Loyola's. What she probably was commenting on was the atrocious english and
spellings of Dr Barad and also the mindset displayed in his postings which is
not reflective of the quality of education imparted at Loyola's. She meant that
Loyola's have failed at least with reference to him. We all know the standards
of education in schools run by jesuits. I too have studied in them.So rest easy.

Regards,

Marshall