Mario,
When I insert em and en dashes I get those question marks. So I use
hyphens and double them up as needed. I use a Mac at work, and
Cecilia's PC at home, on which in any case I do not know how to get
the typographical marks. The software that Goanet uses also does not
allow for diacritics, accent marks, fractions, etc.

venantius