St. Thomas Syro-Malabar Catholic diocese of Chicago, USA has issued
the below press statement

19-Sep-2008

As you all well aware, the persecution of our Christian brethren an
dthe destruction of churches, convents, orphanages and othe Christian
institutions are continuing unabated in Orissa, karnataka an din some
parts of Kerala. We connot remain silent spectators of such gruesome
crulties inflicted on innocent people. We have to make our people and
the local congregations aware of the indescribable cruelty of this
hatred and violence against christians. It was the desire of many
people who have contacted me to act together to bring to the attention
of Christian faithful here the airocity of this cruel rampage.

Hence, may I request you to join me along with all the peace loving
congregations to show our solidarity and support to our brothers and
sisters in India. i am calling for a "peace Rally" and "Prayer vigil"
on Sunday, Sep 28 at 1.30pm at Syro-Malabar Cathedral grounds at
syro-malabar Cathedral Grounds, 50000 St. Charles Road, aBellywood,
iliois.

Please kind enough to make this announcement during sunday service an
dencourage the congregation to join the "Peace Rally on Sep-28