Dear Goans,
With just 4 days remaining  out of the period of 30 days to funish
informaton through RTI in the below application,  I am happy to make it
known that I myself have been shocked at the power that this legislation
has. I had actually taken a wild wild shot addressing my rather astronomical
demands to the Directorate of Accounts, anticipating a response that would
inform me that I have to ask this information from individual departments.
But the communication below was a sweet surprise. From that day on, the
local postman has been doing his rounds everyday unloading his bagful of
goodies into my letter box but requiring personal attention with
Registered-Ad's.

As of today the received list is as follows:
-Those letters that have been re-directed from department to deparment with
a copy to me are totalling at 25
-Those Departments that have kept the information ready and have asked the
same to be collected on payment of Rs.2/- Rs.4/- etc are totalling at 19 (
from Canacona to Pernem)
And
-Those letters that have given the details as required by the application
are totalling at 34.

It is a whole load of information and I guess the departments have been
quite preoccupied compiling the information.
One department (Directorate of Panchayats) has written to say that the
information is voluminous and as such would I be specific as to what I
want?. I can understand that.

In time, I shall make the information available and I believe that this
exercise will set a precedent for the government departments to be fluid
with their accounting procedures  and accountability in the long run.

I have nothing but praise for the government machinery to have galvanized to
such an extent and I expect that I must be the most hated person for making
such taxing demand on the otherwise busy schedule of the PIO's concerned.

All I can say is 'SORRY' but 'WELL DONE'

floriano
goasuraj

PS: The Registered-AD  communique from the Raj Bhavan says:
(2) In this connection, I am to inform you that this information canot be
disclosed as per the Constitutional provisions and as per exemption given
under Section 8(1) (c)  of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
(3) As required under Section 7(8)(iii) of the Right to Indormation Act,
2005, I may inform you that:-
1.The Appellate Authority for this office is the Secretary to Governor, Raj
Bhavan, Dona Paula, Goa-403 004.
2. The period within which the appeal may be preferred is 30 days from the
date of receipt of this letter by you.
Sd/- Special Sec. to Governor, Dr. N. Radhakrishnan.

PS2: The whole intention of the RTI application was to get the expense
account of the Raj Bhavan as this could be astronomical for the pockets of
the taxpayers. In other words I wanted to see how far ' WHOSE FATHER WHAT
GOES', was going.  I did have the intuition that this information would  be
withheld at all cost. I still have time to appeal and appeal I shall. I
shall not rest until this vital information is released for the tax-payer to
know. Afterall this is democracy. And it is still far from being called
'DEMONCRACY.

----- Original Message ----- From: "floriano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>