The financial markets are always fickle.  However, I cannot say I am unhappy
with the current situation, as my dollars buy a lot more than they did 4 or 5
months ago, prompting me to move some of my money into Inian rupees for my
living expenses for the next few
years and as a hedge against the inevitable decline of the dollar.
It will be many months if not years before the world economies get back on
track.  India with its consevative fiscal policies and a growing economy will
begin to attract Foreign Direct Investments again and the inflows will lead to
a rise in the value of the rupee vs the dolar.

 Vivian