Solidarity with Aires and Prajal and those who held the peace vigil and rally
in Goa against corrupt and goonda politicians. Goa might yet have a bright
future inspite of the corrupt politics of the major parties who are determined
to criminalize every aspect of Goan life. It is because of people like Aires
and Prajal there is hope, even if one does not agree on all policy matters -
that is democracy.

Aires was the in the first group of Goa Sudharop award winners in 2000 for his
social justice activist causes. He donated his award at the function to his
High School Principal. In 2003, I met him again in Bombay while we were both
visiting the city and he made it a point to visit one of Goa's famous tiatrists
on his dying bed. Aires cares for Goa and I know he and Prajal will emerge well
from this injustice with greater strength. Our best wishes to them, the good
fight has a few causalities but good triumphs in the end.

Solidarity,
George