Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 00:21:03 -0400
From: "Bosco - Goanet Volunteer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

However could you please explain how does Bush's legacy affect Goa as far as
the content of the exchanges were concerned?? The particpants in that thread
were:

Edward - 3 msgs
Francis - 1 msgs
Gabe - 5 msgs
Mario - 14 msgs
Marlon - 1 msgs
Maurice - 1 msgs
Mervyn - 4 msgs

In 10 days Mario had 14 messages on this thread.........6 other posters had 15
messages.

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:56:59 +0000
From: "Gabe Menezes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I apologise for my indiscretion, I should not have been drawn in by the
spurious posts of Mario Goveia.

Mario responds:

Bosco,

This is to clarify that every one of the 15 messages mentioned above were
anti-Bush and without foundation, context or perspective.  Some were outright
falsehoods.  Thus I was forced into single-handedly correcting all of them in
the interests of fairness and the truth:-))

Gabe,

What you should be apologizing for is posting spurious cut and paste posts
without context or perspective that force me to correct what you have posted.

Bosco asks:

But as of now, are we taking our right to Free Speech a little too far in this
instance??

Mario responds:

a) There is no such thing as "taking our right to Free Speech" too far.  While
most of us take free speech for granted, people in history gave their lives to
ensure free speech for us, and many Goanetters live in countries where there is
no free speech except when they interact on the internet.

b) A better question to ask, in my never humble opinion, is why there are
Goanetters who spring up from time to time who question what others are
interested in?  If they are not interested in a topic all they have to do is
ignore it.  Why do they think they need to influence and control whatever it is
that others want to talk about?

  • ... Gabe Menezes
    • ... Bosco - Goanet Volunteer
      • ... Gabe Menezes
    • ... Mario Goveia
      • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या
    • ... Mervyn Lobo
    • ... Bosco - Goanet Volunteer
    • ... Dr. U. G. Barad
    • ... Mario Goveia