--- On Mon, 10/27/08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Finally, I must say that I am disappointed that Santosh lacks the
>>intellectual honesty and humility to accept where he is wrong but would
>>continue to flog and grind an issue until the other party gives up in
>>exhaustion.

Quite predictably, Marshall now passes another self-serving judgment against me
based on bogus accusations and calumnies that he has manufactured against me in
his last post in this thread. Let me just enumerate below the kinds of cheap
political tactics he has used to malign me:

1. After initially falsely claiming that I had applauded some partisan writers
who are not members of Goanet, now he is blaming me for not criticizing their
writings. Any reasonable person would note that it is pointless to respond to
writers who cannot defend themselves in this forum. It suffices for one to
point out that they have a partisan bias, as I did with regard to Gurumurthy
article, and as others did with regard to Gautier et al.

2. He faults me for suggesting that there are only some examples (not all) of
partisan propaganda and rumor mongering on his part. I have provided examples
that I happened to read. To any impartial person, it should be obvious that it
is too much to expect somebody to read all his more than 30 or so recycled
reports from the news media and partisan websites.

3. He denies that the bogus story of the nun can be termed as a rumor, and
blames me for calling it that.

4. After using the words sick and prejudiced to possibly describe my mind, he
blames me for not noting some commas that he used.

5. He lifts a statement of mine referring to Mario Goveia's observation, and
falsely suggests that I was referring to Gurumurthy's article, asking me the
following question, laced with innuendo:

"Could Santosh kindly enlighten us on the historical evidence that he saw? We
too would like to be enlightened. And now he denies that he found the article
credible. He would make a skilful politician indeed!!!"

6. After asking me to post examples of partisan propaganda and rumor mongering
on his part, he now accuses me of cherry picking because I called his bluff and
provided a few examples.

Cheers,

Santosh