Dear All : Pls see below link (repasted below)

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=12106&cid=13

     *4 Nov,2008*

*Special status now!
Peter Noronha, Fatorda*
With reference to the Opinionated column 'Special Status for Goa' by
Visitacao Monteiro in Herald, 31 Oct and Fr Eremito Rebello's views on this
subject as reported in Herald, 2 Nov, while supporting their views, I would
like to caution my fellow Goans to ensure that the present state government
does not take us for a jolly good ride on the crocodile's back by stating
that they have forwarded the demand for special status to the central
government and the buck stops there. Goans should work to ensure that the
demand for special status for Goa is granted before the term of the present
Lok Sabha.
I am repeating once again the most important points, though my words have
fallen on deaf ears in the past:
1.  Immediate cancellation of dual voting rights granted to migrants by our
corrupt politicians.
2. Enactment of Himachal Pradesh-type of legislation prohibiting sale of
land to outsiders.
3. Demolition of slums that have flourished due to patronage by some
politicians.
4. Banning of mega-projects/marinas, etc, which will ruin the demography of
Goa and guarantee them a fate similar to the East Indians in Mumbai.
5. Repatriation of unwanted/undesirable migrants to their own states as fast
as possible, failing which Goans, very regrettably, may be forced to take
the law into their own hands.

--
Please post your comments on my Blog:
http://goanidentity.blogspot.com/