                              ANKA  SERVICES
  For all your Goa-based media needs - Newspapers and Electronic Media
          Newspaper Adverts, Press Releases, Press Conferences
                           www.ankaservices.com
                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

IFFI - Who can be a delegate?

Definitely, it is not for the people like me who love to watch
movies  from all over the world.   Your passion for Movies does not
automactically qualify you to be an IFFI delegate.  There are many
other conditions one should meet before applying online for IFFI
 delegate registration.

So, who can register?
•Only Persons above 18 years of age can register as delegates.
•Members of currently active cine clubs affiliated with Federation
of Film Societies of India.
•Teachers and students of cinema, theatre and performing arts of institutions
recognized by State/Central Govt.
•Writers of books on cinema and culture and other litterateurs.
•Professionals related to cinema, television, radio, theatre and
 artists from the field of performing arts.
•Diplomats whose assignments are related to promotion of
Cultural/ film activities.
•Senior Government officials whose activity is related to the
development of Cinema.
•All applications are subject to approval by the Directorate
of Film Festivals.

If approved, what are the fees?
•Indian Rs 300/- for registrations upto 14th November 2008
payable online. Payment can be made at the venue as well.
•From 15th to 20th November, a late fee of Rs. 200/- will
 be charged in addition to the Registration fee. (last year
the late fee was Rs.1000)

How to apply?
Registration only accepted online.
Merely you are a 18+ and uploading  your Photo does not
automatically qualify you to be an IFFI delegate.

You have to upload  your CV and other details that validate y
our claim to be qualified as delegate for IFFI, eg: Membership
 of Film Industry organisations, Film clubs affiliated to
FFSI etc.. if  not you are most likely to be rejected.

However, one can try uploading a fake CV and other details
 and it is likely to work? (I remember reading something
like on Goanet last year under suject 'IFFI for dummies"?

I upload no CV or details (just a self Pic) last year, and
I got through almost instantly and taht's for a price – i.e.
late fee Rs.1000+300 = 1300.

Based on my previous experience, I did try to register this time
well in advance, but sadly my application got rejected for not
uploading CV and other credentials.

Then some one told me to try another newly introduced scheme called ‘Cinephile
‘ where one can become a member on payment of
Rs.1300 per year. Cinephine membership automatically get us a IFFI delegate
pass too besides free  access to library and other
non-IFFI films etc that take place from time to time at Goa
IFFI campus.
But again, it demands almost same qualifications (as IFFI delegate)
 to become a CinePhile member  and demand upload of CV and other credentials too

So, if you are not   into professional  Televison/media /cine clubs
or if you are not a writer,  diplomat, Central Govt. employee,  teacher/student
of cinema school, this IFFI is not for you.

I wish there was a certain quota reserved for general category (All India). Say
10% of 6000 would be 600 on first come first serve basis.
They could provide/upload (beside photograph) a copy of Election
 card or driving license or PAN card with applicant’s photo on it.

For movie bluffs like us,  it is like..
 ‘IFFI takes place right into our backyard but we are not invited’

I am only writing this hoping there would be some changes if not
 this year then at least in the coming years.

Long Live IFFI

Many IFFI related clips are available at Youtube form IFFI 2005 onwards
just search for 'Iffigoa' etc

eg.
2005
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozqp2c1a0iM
2206
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=_1cdSXMZEX0
2007
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=RPX5tRSsV6s

or over 50 IFFI clips here
http://in.youtube.com/my_videos?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=iffigoa&dm=1

Cc to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Others in BCC, may please forward to the right dept concerned.

thanks you

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

for Goa & NRI related info...