EDITORIAL COMMENT | Deep Trouble
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4178256.cms?frm=mailtofriend>

Please check out the above link.

Acute water shortage could happen in the North, could happen in the South ,
could happen in the East as well as the West, but it's not going to happen in
Goa !!!! If we are thinking on these lines, we are in for a rude shock. My place
does not fall in the mining area, so it will not affect me, this ideology will
certainly lead us to the epicenter of disaster.

Water is an universal necessity, no water no life. We have seen the misfortune
of people all over India and we should thank God that Goa has not yet had an
experience on that front, and just because we have been fortunate so far, we
shouldn't be complacent and take our water resources and our water bodies for
granted, in fact we should do all we can to protect our water resources and
water bodies.

The way mining, hill cutting and land filling is going on rampantly in Goa, the
doomsday doesn't look very far. I pray to all Goans, support the fight against
mining and mega housing, immaterial of the place or the area it's happening.
Don't wait for it to come to your doorway, try to stop it before you or the rest
of Goa succumb to it.

We know that our politicians will not protect Goa and Goans, so it's up to us to
take up the gauntlet and do something positive to stop mining all together
before our wells and our water bodies run dry. May be that's what Ali baba and
his forty thieves want to happen, our Ali Baba could do the Maria Antoneta of
France, by saying "if you don't have water, than drink beer, Mr. Kingfisher
would be delighted, wouldn't he and coffers overflowing for the thieves !!

Goa, watch out , united we stand, divided we fall, stand united in our fight
against mining and mega housing.

Freddy Agnelo Fernandes

The content of this electronic communication is intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and any others who are
specifically authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or otherwise placing
reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful
in certain legal jurisdictions. If you have received this communication in
error please notify the sender immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system.