Mario, I m a regular reader of Daijworld and I did read this article March 18th, the guys who did this act must be punished after proper investigation. Besdies it is a shame to their family who are from the same parish....The investigation is not very clear as there is no mention who was behind this youth, either they have been trapped or lured by some politicians. The police was quite fast to arrest these culprits, though they are still not able to arrest the ones who did damages to the Churches in Manglore last year. Besides the Karnataka police is on record for brutally beating women, nuns and children, and have have engaged in revengeful acts against the Catholic youth, after their failure was reported.. so what justice you can expect from the police? I am sure the police was kept aware of this situation beforehand.

I also feel this is just one case, and there will many more cases in future blaming the Christians.
now that the Sangh parivar wants to show their clean image.

As for the nuns, this is not a new thing, similar incidents have been reported in the past. and this is only Syrian Malabar Catholic Church in Kerala. It is also strange that the Cardinal and the nuns kept quiet all this while. We are yet to hear from Roman Catholic nuns from Goa, Jabalpur, Mumbai and other states.

Dev borem korum
eddie

Memo to Marshall Mendonca and Edward Verdes:

I'm sure you are going to condemn these Mangalorean Christian bast....,
...er, malcreads, just as silent.., ...er, vociferously as you condemned
the Catholic priests found to be abusing Catholic nuns in Kerala.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=57924

Excerpt:

In connection with indulging in rampage in a banana plantation belonging
to Babbukatte Nityadhar Church and trying to disrupt peace in the region,
Ullal policemen arrested seven persons on Wednesday March 18.

They are Jayson Verghese (23), Vijit Sunny Rozario (21), Araki Alfred
(20), Roshan Cutinho (26), all from Nityadhar Nagar and Ronald Roshan
(22), a resident of Kuttar Prakash Nagar. They were produced in the court
on Wednesday.