 Remembering Aquino Braganca (b. 6 April 1924), who fought for freedom
     of the former Portuguese colonies in Africa. An online tribute
     http://aquinobraganca.wordpress.com/ (includes many historical
             references, some photographs and documents)

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 00:31:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Santosh Helekar <chimbel...@yahoo.com>

Based on current evidence, chances are pretty good that if the right areas of
our brain are electrically stimulated we would also have mystical experiences.
The reality we experience is a construct of our brain.

Mario wonders:

Santosh,

Arre, yaar, now you have really gone and done it!

If you and cloistered Carmelite nuns can have the same kinds of mystical
experiences when your brains are stimulated then Dr. Beauregard and Fr. Ivo are
going to endlessly claim that you may have been a Carmelite nun in your

The last time my brain was externally stimulated the mystical experience I had
would probably lead me, too, towards hell:-))

Santosh wrote:

That is why independent physical tests are needed to ascertain the presence of
an objective reality apart from us.

Mario responds:

I know what you mean.  The objective reality I experienced after my brain was
stimulated was quite physically stimulating as well:-))

Unfortunately, my mystical and physical experiences would be of no use to
either Beauregard or Fr. Ivo:-))