Hi Vivian,

I have no doubt that there are quite a few people who can relate various
unspecific anecdotes like yours. That is why the alternative medical, faith
healing and New Age industry is big business. Anecdotes and testimonials make
great sales pitches. Nobody really cares about how many other people tried your
ritual and failed. The phenomenon is called confirmation bias.

Cheers,

Santosh