Ivan Rocha, Ex-teacher St. Britto High School, Mapusa; Ex-teacher Sacred
Heart High School, Parra; Ex- Volunteer "Call" Magazine passed away today
(20/04/2009)  at Manipal Hospital.

Ivano Pedro Souza Rocha as he liked to call himself, Ivan became a friend
when I joined St. Xavier's college, Bastora in 1965. Though he was a Jr.
B.A. student and I was a F. Y. Sc student, we hit it off very well. Ivan had
the quality of attracting people around him. In the NCC, he was a Sergeant
Major and he loved to play his role to the hilt. He would often create make
believe situations to make camp life in the NCC memorable.

After leaving Call, Ivan and I were colleagues in Sacred Heart, Parra.
During the year we worked together, we had many escapades together. After
one year, Ivan left Sacred Heart for St. Brittos, while I hung on in Sacred
Heart. At Brittos, Ivan blossomed out as a teacher par excellence. He made
teaching interesting but co-curricular activities were his forte. The
trophies the school won in Elocution and General Knowledge speak for
themselves.

Ivan was many faceted - He was excellent in music, at stamp collection and
above all entertaining people. As a prankster, he was second to none.

Ivan's nature and teaching skills made him popular and loved by a number of
students.

Ivan leaves behind wife Lira - also a well known and popular teacher of St.
Mary's, Mapusa and Children Michelle, Llewlyn and Euan Marc.

I am sure, Ivan must be entertaining the heavenly hosts with his guitar,
organ and piano.

Rest in Peace, Ivan

--
тσηу

Tony de Sa
Ph: +91 832 2470 148
M: +91 9975162897
E:  tonydesa at gmail dot com
'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it,
you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'
-Chinese proverb