How to get best (bargain) out of Goa?

For Foreigners  (and also domestic tourists)  visiting Goa,
the site http://www.indiamike.com/india/goa-f23/  seems very popular.

For all Goa related info including how to save money, how or where
to buy the cheapest, what to do, what not to do  etc.  just fire
 a question or a query and you are likely to get some answers or
feedback almost instantly.

Answers or feedback often given by the Goa experienced
foreigners themselves who are staying in Goa on long term basis.

Few weeks ago, there was a query on bike rental charges in Goa.

I promptly replied  saying it starts from Rs.250 per day per motor
bike (Panjim Rates).

Soon some one replied only to prove me wrong saying one can get the
same for as little as Rs.100 per day (probably Candolim/Calangute
Coastal belt area).

I was wondering , if it is true then at what price they are renting bicycles?

Recently, there was a query how to travel cheap from Dabolim Airport to Palolem?
As usual, I again responded saying the cheapest would be around Rs.1200
 by using the Goa Govt. approved pre-paid Taxi from airport Counter
and even gave the link for the tariff chart which was eff from
June 2006 where it says Rs.1005 (67 kms)
http://www.indiamike.com/india/goa-f23/palolem-north-end-beach-huts-t78959/

Soon, some one came back to say it should not cost more than 1000 and
that if one comes out of the airport, one can even bargain for 600-900
to Palolem. and that’s what the person paid during peak season Dec. last year.

It’s all about saving money. Who would not like to save money ham?

However, I would suggest that tourist should used registered services
or Govt approved/recongnised services.

It may cost more but it is safer.

Why compromise health and safety issues?

Did not we hear or read about  rapes, molestation, looting,  etc ?

Why take risk ham?

joego...@yahoo.co.uk

for Goa & NRI related info...