I am not sure if Dr. Jasmine is a Goan. Here is from her link
http://site.jasminedcosta.com/About.html

Dr. Jasmine D’Costa was born in India and moved to Canada in 2004. As an
academic and international banker for 25 years, Jasmine was published in many
academic journals, business magazines and books on international relations,
trade, investment, corporate finance and banking.
In Canada, Jasmine D’Costa has pursued a career in writing. She now lives in
Toronto and brings to the Canadian writing landscape an arresting new voice and
her unique gift of nonpareil multicultural storytelling.
Jasmine D’Costa is currently the President of the Writers and Editors Network
and been a judge on the Canadian Aid Literary Contest. Curry is Thicker than
Water is her first book.
---

Eugene
----
Curry is Thicker than Water

Join us for an intimate evening with Jasmine D'Costa as we celebrate the launch
of her debut book, Curry is Thicker Than Water.

The interview will be led by Zenia Wadwani of Desi-Lit, Toronto Chapter and
will be followed by Q&A with the audience.

Come enjoy a night of great reading, and engaging conversations!
Special offer on book purchases at the event
When:
Time:
Where:
Ticket Price:
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Doors open at 6:30 pm
The Host, Yorkville, Toronto
$5 (entry only) or $15 (entry + signed book)
This event is brought to you by MyBindi.com in partnership with the HOST
restaurant

Entry Only - $5 each
I would like to purchase   Entry only ticket(s)

Entry + Signed Book - $15.00 each
I would like to purchase   Entry + Signed Book ticket(s)