On various e-mailing lists Shrikant Barve has been making public,
comments that the Marathi Press have been making which have not been
picked up by the English and Konkani media.

These relate to conversions of people by a Christian sect called the
Believers of Goan people, mainly belonging to other Christian sects
like Roman Catholics, but also some backward class Hindus.

In my opinion, Gomantak and Tarun Bharat have been trying to create an
alarmist situation with regard to this issue. But this is my opinion.

I think however it is time that more journalists pay attention to this
issue for as Barve says, the trouble that may arise over this
conversion issue may snowball into an ugly crisis which we can do
without.

Augusto

--

Augusto Pinto