I don't think my comment has much bearing on Selma's question
regarding Richard Burton.

But just incidentally, P. P.  Shirodkar, (there were two - the father
was a freedom fighter and first Speaker of the Goa Assembly; the son
was Director of Archives in Goa - but I could never figure out whether
 father or son actually made the following assertion) used to claim
that he was originally from Serula, which he claimed was a corruption
of Shiroda.

The Serula Communidade, one of the largest, if not the largest in Goa
comprises of Salvador-do-Mundo, Socorro and Porvorim.

Augusto

--

Augusto Pinto
40, Novo Portugal,