From: Mario Goveia <mgov...@sbcglobal.net>
To: goanet@lists.goanet.org
Sent: Saturday, 27 June, 2009 1:09:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Goanet] No rationality whatsoever

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:30:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gabriel de Figueiredo <gdefigueir...@yahoo.com.au>

Well, there *were* "checks and balances" in place pre-Dec 61.

Mario observes:

Hey, Gabriel,

Everyone knows that "checks and balances" throughout India can be unbalanced by
some well placed checks, preferably for Pounds or DMs or $.  Before Dec 1961,
the balance in Goa depended on how good a bootlicker one was, as I'm sure any
freedom fighter will readily confirm.

So, after the checks and balances that the colonial dictators had imposed to
subjugate the natives in Goa were removed after 1961, it looks like you decided
to take your potlis and migrate to a place where Indians are being routinely
beaten up.  Good choice, Gabriel:-))  I hope no one mistakes you for an Indian
student.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/Indians-Abroad/Indian-student-attacked-in-Melbourne/articleshow/4652254.cms

Excerpt:

A 24-year-old Indian student from Gujarat was attacked by a group of men here,
the latest in a spate of racial assaults targeting the
community members in Australia.

Hardik Bipinbhai Patel, who hails from Surat, was attacked by three people
while he was about to enter his car here last night.
[end of excerpt]