Adv. Satish Sonak

I shall not take much of your time     I stand here to salute memories of late
Dada Vidya who could have been termed as a father of Ayuvedic formulation of
Goa I also stand here to salute the memories of late Dr. Sarojini Dahanukar
who was daughter of Goa  and very effective ambassador of India in the field of
Ayurveda to the world and I stand here to welcome as instructed by the convener
of this program shri Shrikant Barve stand here to welcome not the individual of
u who gather over here, but glad to representative thought in their mind
whatever comes from our tradition has to be welcome, the challenge before us
today friends ladies and gentleman is to retain that traditionality and at the
same time not merely saying that the old is gold and therefore it has to be ….
It has to survive on the text tone on modern scientific enquiry how do we do
this, what are our strengths what r our weaknesses, we have to make an
realistic assessment of both this
 factors and it is to welcome these assessments that is stand over here it’s a
great tradition of India Ayurveda but that not the end of it, I do not stand
here knonly as a personates just because it is our nations pride there for I
welcome it … in science and medicine or a medicine and patriotism is very
dangers combination, science and patriots is very dangers combination yet at
the same time u have to realize that the most dangers combination is that
inferiority complex and science, if something belongs to our nation r we going
to reject it no it is Indian made in India it must useless and takaldu r we
going to take that attitude, just because it is Indian r u reject it, if it has
a foreign brand if it has made in China or it was made in Japan or in America
would your hands go on salute, it is this infeririarity complex that we have to
freed out and for that purpose perhaps we have to go to roots of ayurveda, here
the scenario in Goa is we are the
 emerging pharmaceutical hub Goa is emerging pharmaceutical hub  it is the
emerging pharmaceutical capital of country and yet in this country what is the
medical scenario that is there friends latest statistical ratio I am
restricting myself for few small statistics recently news papers  reported how
much Goa Govt. spent on a doctor who emerged out from Goa Medical College 77
lacs and 44 thousand rupees are the money that is spent on per doctor proper
allopathic doctor who comes out of Goa Medical College and 95% out of these
doctors and it is fact that refuse to join Government service weather this
expenditure is wasteful or it is an investment I will not comment on it but my
humble submission would be is substantial part of this budget could be diverted
in the field of  ayurveda were people will be reaching I think much could be
done I think spending 77 lacs and 44 thousand per doctor what is the scenario
that comes, in Goa Medical College there are 56
 vacancies which are not filled up, today primary health centers of Goa there
are 80 vacancies which are not filled up, they will say that we are not getting
local talents and a local doctors where did you equate a local talent and a
local doctor only within allopathic doctor why this untouchablility  for
ayurveda why this allergy for our own Indian system, these are some of the
question that had to welcome in our minds, our country is govern by
constitution of India and in its Part IV which deals for directive principles
of state policies in article 47 which says “THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRIMARY HEALTH
IS THE FUNDAMENTAL DUTY OF THE STATE”  in admitting this fundamental duty
ayuveda will have to play great role, it is not that the every sickness that
comes we have to rush to doctors can’t we have some self  relief,  ??? she is
not relaying on our nationality, it is relaying in your own strength your own
resources what is there within you, the
 prevention of the disease not digging up the well when you are thirsty, all
this things can be done we need an attitude we need self confidence more then
anything else, friends as a nation, as citizen as individual we need self
respect and this self respect and one of the medium of  self respect is
ayurveda. Ayurveda is respecting your own body it is respecting your own mind
its is respecting your own nation it is respecting yourself you have to love
yourself  therefore all are welcome in this ‘WE LOVE AYURVEDA’ we have today
eminent personalities Dr. Suraj Kanekar will be moderating Dr. Vivek Shanbhag
will be there Dr. Anil Panse will be there Dr. Nilesh Korde will be there Dr.
Ashish Phadke will be there shri Rajendra Amonkar will be there these who in
ayurveda today I welcome to all this is a family gathering well come all of you
gathered here

Shrikant Vinayak Barve
Convener: We Love Ayurved
9403175973

      ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on YAHOO! CRICKET
http://cricket.yahoo.com