In support of

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:50:32 +0100
From: Carmen Miranda <carmitamira...@gmail.com
<http://f5mail.rediff.com/prism/writemail?&mode=mail_to_individual&email=carmita
mira...@gmail.com&els=7109a71762540d2edef038d00a3fae1b> >
Subject: [Goanet] Foreigners buying land in Goa and all that trash....

Hi Carmen,

Welcome to the big wide and broadminded world of Goa cybernet where the problems
of Goa and Goans are just daily occurrences, who the blip cares, such things
happen all over the world, why should time be wasted when we know nothing good
will come of it, we have so many other passions and happenings that can be
debated, so why waste our precious time on the problems of Goa and Goans !

To me it looks like you or your people have been affected by mining, I too have
a similar problem and believe me, most people who are not affected care a two
hoot about people who are affected, it's only when problems come right upto the
door step and engulf you, one does not care to bother, what goes on around even
in the neighbourhood. It's your problem, you fight your own battles, and it is
because of this attitude that Goa is rapidly approaching doomsday, and that's
the sad fact about Goa today.

Today we have media that highlights practically every aberration caused,
activists and NGO's screaming at the top of their voices but is anyone other
than the affected involved ?  To make matters worse the same filthy corrupt
thrash is elected term after term.   The same people who are very much the cause
of every possible evil in Goa run our Government, how ironic or idiotic can that
be ?

Some time back there was a committee that was set up to investigate if there
were any mining activities carried out in and around the wild life sanctuaries
and reserves,  wasn't it a total fiasco when the report was placed before the
honourable  Chief Minister, couple of weeks back stating that there are no such
activities anywhere in Goa.  That's called honour among thieves !

I have learnt from personal experience and my advise to you is, do not expect
any help physical or moral support from any one other than those affected, if
you can get your people together and march on even if you are the only person
left walking, do so, let people who are engrossed and enchanted by every thing
else other than the problems of Goa and Goans, live and dwell on the past or
dream of the future, do so too, because after all who the blip cares about Seby,
Venita, Geraldine, you or the people around who suffer due to the atrocities of
the police and our elected politicians backed by the powerful miners and mega
builders who are trying to shred Goa to pieces.

These are our battles, we have to fight them and that's the naked truth

Freddy Agnelo Fernandes

The content of this electronic communication is intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and any others who are
specifically authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or otherwise placing
reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful
in certain legal jurisdictions. If you have received this communication in
error please notify the sender immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system.