As recently reported in the press (SEE LINK BELOW) ; the Commission on
State-Centre Relations New Delhi claims that the influx of migrants is not
very serious & manageable. This is very alarming, as this shows the
apathy/ignorance, of agencies in New Delhi towards Goa’s Genuine case of
preserving its Unique Identity:

(1)    Today about 40% of Goa’s Population are migrants; How many states
face the same demographic threat?

(2)    Migrants who come to Goa are not only the poor as but also majority
Non-Goans, who are purchasing so many apartments at mega projects; at the
cost of destroying & contaminating Goa’s Environment. Ecology, Water etc
Surely Goa needs migration but the current migration is beyond tolerable
levels!!

(3)    Also As stated by Mr. Dhirendra Singh, the Special Status comes
practically from all the states. I would like to know how many states are
facing threats to their Identity; as Goa? I hope he understands that Goans
are taking about special status, to preserve its unique identity; which
would mainly mean restrictions on Land Sales, Curbs on the uncontrolled
migrant influx & in my view, Goa should also have time bound restrictions on
Migrant Political Rights; as else the way this are going, Goa will be ruled
by Non-Goans!!

Also, the commission needs to go back in time and realize that Goa was never
a part of the Constituent Assembly, that was instrumental in forming the
Current Constitution; and as such the same was imposed upon us without the
our consent. Hence, we have right to demand revisions/legislations to
Save/Preserve our beautiful land & our identity

Arwin Mesquita (UAE)

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=24553&cid=26

--
Please post your comments on my Blog: http://goanidentity.blogspot.com/